AOL Mail not working on Windows 10 error?
AOL mail Windows 10 error is a completely free email service provided by AOL, a division of Verizon Communication. AOL’s email service is available in 54 languages. The users can access AOL Mail on their smartphone, laptop, and system in a hassle-free manner. Along with this, the users can easily create an AOL Mail account in a hassle-free manner.
Furthermore, it has a maximum inbox size of 250 GB, support for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP protocols, the possibility to connect to other email service providers such as Gmail or Hotmail, and virus and spam protection.
The AOL mail service has 18 million subscribers and is available worldwide. AOL is also available on the iOS and Android mobile platforms. However, while some users come across the AOL Mail not working on Windows 10 error. Therefore, the users facing such an issue must go through the steps outlined below.
AOL Mail settings for Windows 10
Users should check the AOL email address on Windows 10. All users should scroll down and view this content.
Incoming Server details
2. Port number: 995
1. Server address: pop.aol.com
3. User name: The users are advised to enter their AOL mail address
4. Password: The users will have to enter their AOL mail account password
5. TLS/SSL: Yes
1. Server address: The users are suggested to make sure that the server address is imap.aol.com
2. Port number: The users must enter the port number as 993
3. Username: The users are recommended to enter their AOL mail address
4. Password: In the password field, the users are suggested to enter their AOL mail account password
5. TLS/SSL: Yes
Outgoing Server details
1. Server address: smtp.aol.com
2. Port number: 465
3. User name: Your AOL mail address
4. Password: Your AOL mail account password
5. TLS/SSL: Yes
Reasons behind AOL Mail not working error
Unlikely, several reasons the users come across the AOL Mail not working with Windows 10 mail error. the users are recommended to check out the reason behind the root cause. go through the information provided below to get familiar with the reason behind the error
Cookies in the web browser
The cookies and the caches in the web browser’s history are the most common that give rise to such an issue.
Firewalls and other anti-virus software have a set of rules that must be obeyed for safety reasons. However, some of these regulations may cause problems while accessing AOL.
Virus in the system
There are different viruses, malware, and ransomware that may cause harm to the user’s data and software. So, due to which the users encounter AOL Mail not working on Windows 10 error.
Poor Internet Connection
The poor internet connection could be the primary reason behind the AOL Mail not working on Windows 10 error.
The users look for the importance of upgrading the software to the latest version, it may cause the AOL Mail not working on Windows 10 error.
How can I sync my AOL email account to Windows 10?
- Disable the two-step authentication.
- Consider using a different email client.
- Remove and re-add your AOL account.
- Check the server settings in the Mail app.
- Turn on the privacy settings to let apps across your Calendar.
- Check your antivirus settings.
What are the steps to fix the AOL Mail not working on Windows 10 error?
The users facing the AOL Mail not working on Windows 10 error should not worry because, through the help of the troubleshooting steps provided below, the users can fix the issue. Therefore, we encourage all users to check all of the troubleshooting issues listed below to correct the error.
- use Windows Mail on Windows 10.
- go to the “Settings” option.
- Users are then prompted to click on the “Manage Account” option.
- The users will have to choose the “Add Account” option followed by selecting an account.
- tap on the “Other Account” option.
- Then the users are advised to enter the AOL mail account details.
- Click on the “Sign in” tab.
- Users should now follow the on-screen instructions to complete their account setup.
- users can log in to their AOL email client on Windows 10.
So, it will be easier for users to fix Windows 10 edition AOL email malfunction after they configure the above steps. However, if any user fails to fix the error, they must take help from the AOL customer service team.