delete an AOL Account
AOL is a web-based email service provider headquartered in the United States that offers a variety of emailing features and services. It provides various internet services such as web surfing, messaging, emailing, and much more. Furthermore, AOL is well-known for its security and reliability features.
AOL Mail is a free emailing service that provides customers with an unlimited 15GB storage space for emails, notes, calendars, and contacts, among other things. It also allows for a maximum file attachment size of 25MB.
Even though AOL is the most significant online service provider, some users want to delete the account. Thus, interruptions in the AOL IMAP settings might be one of the main causes. Moreover, it prevents users from getting emails. Hence due to these reasons, some users decide to deactivate their AOL account permanently. Therefore, to make it easy for all users, below described are the steps through which it gets easy for all users to delete the AOL account. So, scroll down and follow the steps described below.
Things before Deleting AOL Mail Account
Before deleting the AOL Mail Account, the user should keep these points in mind.
- Important emails, contacts, calendars, and documents should all be backed up.
- Remove the social network account that is linked to AOL email.
- If the AOL account is connected to the paid membership, unsubscribe. Ensure that all debts are paid (if any pending dues are left)
The following are the factors that a user should make before deleting their AOL mail account. In addition, the users are suggested to follow the steps covered below to delete the AOL account.
Steps to delete AOL Account
All users who want to deactivate their AOL account should follow the instructions outlined below. Thus, the user will learn how to delete an AOL account by using the following procedure.
- Open the appropriate web browser to begin the procedure.
- Then, in the URL section, type www.aol.com, which is the official website.
- Now go to the AOL mail account and sign in.
- After that, users are advised to insert the login information for the AOL account they wish to delete, including the username and password.
- After the user answers the security question, they are advised to click “Continue” to continue to the “My Account” page.
- Then, to cancel the AOL account, click the cancel link.
- Select the reason for canceling the AOL account after that.
- Choose a reason from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the “Enter” key.
- To delete the AOL account, click the “Cancel AOL” option.
Thus, the user can quickly cancel their AOL account by following these instructions. However, if any user still faces such an issue, they are advised to get in touch with the AOL customer service team. The experts are active throughout the day and night to assist the users.
Get Immediate help to delete AOL account
If any user is unable to remove their AOL account, they are advised to contact the experts. Users will be guided through the process of deleting their AOL account by the well-versed team of AOL.