Unable to send an email on your iPhone, iPad
If you can’t send email from the email application on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Unable to send an email on your iPhone, iPad
there are a few things you can try.
Before you begin
There are a few things to keep in your mind.
- When you back up your iOS or iPad OS to iCloud or iTunes, you backup your email settings, but not your email. Deleting or changing your email account settings may delete previously downloaded emails from your device.
- Please ensure that the device is connected to the internet.
- Contact your email service provider to see if there is a service outage.
- If you don’t have access to your email, or if you can’t send or receive messages with your @ icloud.com email address, find out what to do.
Check your outbox for unsent emails
If you receive a message that the email wasn’t sent, it will be sent to your inbox. Check your inbox and try sending the email again as follows:
- By email, go to your mailbox list.
- Tap Outbox. If you do not see your export box, do not send your email.
- Tap Mail in your outbox. Make sure that the recipient’s email address is correct.
- Press send.
Please check your email address and password
If your email prompts you for your email account password, make sure the password is correct. To verify your email address and password, log in to your email provider’s website.
If you still get username or password errors, contact your email provider or system administrator.
Contact your email provider or system administrator.
- Contact your email provider or check the status web page to see if the service is down.
- Check with your email supplier or supervisor to examine if your email account has security measures or restrictions (such as ballroom dance verification) enabled. You may need a Unique password, or you may need to request approval from your email provider to send and receive emails on your device.
- Check your email account settings along with your email supplier to create positives that they’re correct.
Delete and reset your email account
- Log in to your email provider’s website on your computer. Check all your emails there or where your emails are stored without your iOS or iPadOS device.
- On your device, go to Settings> Email and tap Account.
- Click the email account you want to delete.
- Tap Delete Account.
- Add account again.
If these steps in this article are not helpful, then contact your email service provider for more information.